Become a Professional Organizer!
The “CFO (Client Focused Organizing) Method”
Professional Organizer Specialization Course
taught by Marsha Sims
“Learn the skill of client-focused organizing... then learn to make money with your new skill”
The Marsha Sims, Sort-it-out, CFO (Client Focused Organizing) Professional Organizer Specialization is the ONLY certification course that will teach you to get organized AND then teach you all the secrets you need to know to get started making money in your own organizing business... today!
The detailed answers below should answer your questions. I think you will agree that it is comprehensive and will solve the problems of everyone with organizing issues. Or, please feel free to call us at: 305-628-0075. Sign up now.
Table of Contents:
My Client Focused Organizing (CFO) Course is for you if:
1. You want to learn how to get organized for yourself, AND make money helping other people get organized. Those who have difficulty getting organized often make excellent professional organizers because they understand the “messy mindset.”
2. You already know how to get organized and want to make a living as a professional organizer.
3. You just want to learn how to get yourself organized.
You will want to take this course if:
• You believe you could help others to organize, if you could just get the skill for yourself
• You already have excellent organizing skills and you want to learn how to make a living with your talent
• You just want to get organized
• You understand how painful and embarrassing disorganization can be, and you feel you can help others with empathy
• You want to learn more organizing techniques
• You want to learn the right way to organize things
• You want to learn how to start your own business
• You want to learn how to find clients who will gladly pay for your expertise
• You are afraid you won’t be able to make sufficient money
• You want to learn to charge people for the valuable service of organizing their lives
• You want to learn ways that you can be effective with clients
• You want to learn how to handle difficult clients
• You want to learn how to organize for others, and possibly for yourself
• You’ve been afraid that you will never get organized
• You want to understand why you are the way you are, and why organization eludes you
• You feel burdened by your lack of organization
• You’ve desperately tried to get organized for years and this is another last resort
• You are hurting and embarrassed of your disorganization and you hide it from everyone
• You can’t afford to keep paying an organizer, and you want to learn the skill for yourself
• You want to be organized
Your dream is to:
• Use the skills you already possess, or know you can acquire, to make a living helping others to be organized
• Have clear spaces and organized rooms for yourself
• Be able to find what you need when you need it, have places for everything (and everything neatly in place), and help others do the same
• Be able to comfortably have company / clients over
• Be able to make $ helping others with the new skills you will learn
• Feel good every day. No longer be ashamed because of the way you live
• Feel better physically ~ you know clutter weighs you down
• Feel better emotionally ~ get over your addiction to “stuff”
• Feel free; finally you will be able to breathe because you will not be encumbered with piles and piles of things you don’t need (and barely
• Understand why you are the way you are, and know what to do about it
• Complete unfinished projects
• Make a lot of money while having time to spend with your family and those you love
• Earn respect
• Feel useful and productive on the planet
• Learn the skill of organizing by helping others to get organized.
A comprehensive training program taught by an expert in the business... someone who is committed to ensuring that you acquire the skills necessary to accomplish your goals. That expert is Marsha Sims, and if you know anything about her methodologies, you know she is always most focused on helping you get the results you desire, at a price you can afford.
You will get the highest value professional organizer training course offered in the continental United States
• You will learn the triple skills of organizing, AND working with clients, AND marketing your services
• You will learn what makes clients tick, and why they are the way they are
• You will learn techniques for organizing even the most resistant clients (and how to make them happy in the process)
• You will learn techniques that range from working with people who are simply cluttered, to working with those who are chronically
• You will learn how to set up your business for success
• You will learn what to do before an appointment, how to acquire clients, how to network effectively, and how to get noticed by the media
• You will learn what to do during an appointment to ensure client satisfaction, what forms to use with clients, and what supplies to bring
• You will learn what to do after an appointment to make clients call you back, how to use follow-up systems, and how to set up client
In every single class:
• We will discuss marketing and sales techniques to make you successful. There is a philosophy behind everything I do, so you will get my
full philosophy about how to sell and market yourself.
• You will learn more about the emotional and/or situational states of the client. You will fully understand reasons why people are disorganized.
This knowledge will help you work on your own organizing challenges, if you have any.
• You will learn my organizing techniques. In every class we will learn how to organize something using the Marsha Sims philosophy.
You will learn by doing:
• Every class requires you to go and organize something for someone
• After every class you will have a homework assignment that will move you toward the creation of your marketing kit. By the time you graduate,
you will be up and running, ready to begin making money right away.
• You will have the experience of working with clients throughout the course, so you will feel confident when you start working with your own
clients. You will have your organizing bag set-up, and all of the forms you need to begin working with your own clients.
• You will learn by doing, because the homework requires that you work on organizing something every week. One of your final projects will be
to organize one room or area in your home or office.
• Completion of your organizing bag so that you will be always ready to go to appointments – even at a moment’s notice.
• Completion of your marketing kit, personalized for you so that your business can start the day you receive your Marsha Sims Sort-It-Out CFO
• Completion of five organizing appointments with real clients (yours or ours.) These appointments must be signed off, and have before-and-
after pictures for your portfolio
• Complete organizing of a room (any room of your choice) or area (such as files), depending on your area of specialization and your
• 4 minute video of you organizing something or an individualized project (to be approved by Marsha).
With Marsha’s CFO (Client Focused Organizing) certification program:
You will have the opportunity to work with “test clients” that we will provide, if needed.
You will be able to leverage the Marsha Sims brand reputation for instant credibility.
You will get the inside secrets to get paid well as a professional organizer.
You will amaze others as you become skillfully organized.
You will learn to help others to achieve their dream of becoming organized.
You will be able to help yourself while helping others.
You will learn about the emotional states that create disorganization, and ways to work with each one.
You will be able to make money to support your family even in today’s tight economy.
You will leave knowing and being supported by a team of dynamic professionals that you can call on during your transition and
journey towards organization.
You will save money even if you hire a professional organizer, because you will now be an educated consumer.
You will learn why organizing is based on the state of the client, not based on the thing or the room to be organized.
You will learn how to determine the client state.
You will be able to proudly call yourself a professional organizer because now you will have credentials.
You will have the pride of knowing that you are helping others overcome what they see as a debilitating condition.
You will leave with lists of things to say, and techniques for handling even the most challenging of situations.
You will leave with a knowledge of the four personality styles and how to work with each one.
You will work with others in the program to complete assignments.
You will learn practical steps, and will get feedback every step of the way.
You will learn the marketing steps necessary for success.
You will get to work with and talk to real client-types.
If you only want to get organized:
You will learn what your organizer should know, what he/she should do, and what should happen on every appointment.
You will learn how to make your appointment with an organizer go much faster, and be much more effective, thus saving money.
You may already have the skills needed to organize things and create order from chaos. But there is a complete difference between organizing something, and organizing something for someone who is depressed, has ADD, who has just gone through a major life event, or who is a hoarder. These are completely different.
What my class does is combine the practical organizing of things with my philosophies about how to interact with clients. Most importantly, my class will teach you how to do all of these things while you also learn to market yourself effectively.
You will learn what goes into a marketing kit, how to create a marketing plan, how to target a market and how to go after it. Strategically, step-by-step, you will create all of the pieces that go into you marketing portfolio. By the time you leave the class you will have everything you need. You will be up and running, with all the skills you need to get your first few clients.
1) The class is set up in 14 weekly classes (modules) which take you, step-by-step, through all of the facets of organizing, understanding the client, and marketing yourself. You can take this class in person in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, or you can take the online / distance version of the class.
2) In each class you will learn how to implement innovative organizing techniques to be successful with clients, and you will learn how to market your organizing services. You will hear true stories of things that really happened while working with clients, You will learn from Marsha’s successes and failures, great ideas and big mistakes. She is telling all... cramming 18 years of experience into 14 short weeks, to help you know exactly what you can expect when you are working with clients of your own.
3) Marsha will use a combination of small group interaction, lectures, client anecdotes, worksheets, videos, PowerPoint slides, role-plays, handouts, homework, and special projects to make sure that students learn using all of the modalities available in an adult learning context.
4) Through small group and paired projects, students will have a weekly assignment that includes organizing something, then bringing back and sharing before-and-after pictures of their work.
5) Each student will have a final project customized to his / her own individual objectives within the class. For example, if you only wants to learn to organize for yourself, your final organizing project might be to organize your problem area or room. If you want to make a living helping other people get organized, your final project might be to complete your marketing portfolio, and tailor it to your target audience or projected client type
6) For the students desiring certification, there will be a three-part certification requirement. This will include:
a. An open-book examination to ensure a basic understanding of all of the material covered
b. A 4-minute video or an individual project to demonstrate an organizing technique. This will add to your marketing portfolio
c. A required number of organizing appointments with real clients who you will learn how to find. This teaches you the skill of finding clients. (For students who desire certification, “test clients” may be available if necessary.)
1. Learn by doing. You will be paired with other participants as you learn by doing, while also learning from each other.
2. Weekly assignments. You will have weekly assignments requiring you to organize something for someone other than yourself. You’ll be
taking before-and-after pictures of your work.
3. The weekly assignments not only teach you HOW to organize something, but how to work with CLIENT STATES, and will contain a signature
of the person you organized.
4. Each class will include a pre-discussion, a segment on marketing your new skill, basic organizing how-to’s, understanding and working with
clients, an in-class activity to hone your new skills, discussion, and homework.
Marketing Skills You Will Learn - Marketing, PR, Advertising, Sales, Running and Operating Your Organizing Business
The ability to market your service is one of the most important skills you need to be successful in any business. It doesn’t matter how good you are in your profession if no one knows you exist, if no one is willing to pay you for your expertise, or if you are not getting referral business.
If you find that you spend more time being reactive (waiting for the phone to ring) than being proactive (doing things that will MAKE the phone ring), then you are not marketing yourself and your business properly.
Your clients and your networking contacts should be helping you get more business. You need tools to help you overcome the fear of selling yourself. The Marsha Sims Sort-It-Out CFO Certification Course will give you the tools to help your prospects find you, and then make the decision to hire you. Everyone in your target market needs to know that you exist.
You will learn about the organizing industry and where it can take you. Your services are needed!
Marketing techniques - you will learn:
The difference between marketing, PR, Advertising & Sales, and how to use each to make money
How to create a simple marketing plan and marketing calendar to stay on track
Techniques to help you get more referral business
Your 30-second commercial - Who are you? What does your company do?
Marketing - letting the world know you exist
Marketing - a philosophy
Creating marketing pieces – business cards, post cards, letterhead, flyers, etc.
Creating a press release
Knowing what business you are in (v-e-r-y important tip!)
How / where to find clients
Choosing your target market
Manning a booth at a trade fair
Creating your marketing kit
PR - you will learn:
How to get free publicity
How to get in the paper, in magazines, or on the radio, on television to promote your organizing service
How to get speaking engagements
How to get published
Advertising do’s and don’t’s - you will learn:
How to establish your advertising budget in advance
Paying for advertising
Knowing where to advertise
Understanding advertising costs
Knowing which advertising techniques are the most effective
Getting more “bang” for you advertising “buck”
Sales - you will learn:
Innovative selling techniques
Helping your prospects make the decision to hire you
Techniques to help you get more repeat business
5 ways to generate referrals
Learn why sales is a game of numbers
Understanding your sales ratios
Understanding the client mindset, and how that helps you make money
Cold and warm calling
Three ways to close any sale
How to turn client objections into appointments
Keeping in touch with your clients to generate repeat business
The difference between suspects, prospects, and clients, and how to get each to hire (or re-hire) you
Why past clients are your best source for future work
The difference between the “features” of your service and the “benefits” you offer clients
You will learn about these marketing pieces and techniques:
• The importance of a logo and your company name
• Thank-you cards
• Press releases
• Gift certificates
• Post cards
• Creating contests
Running and Operating Your Organizing Business - you will learn:
Simple ways for gathering and creating a database
Developing a system to keep in touch with your “suspects, prospects, clients, and past clients”
Using Thank-You notes and cards effectively
Making sure your clients love you
Creating a maintenance program to follow-up and maintain the progress they’ve achieved
Forms you will need to help you start and run your business
Easy product development – books, booklets, CD’s, etc...
Creating workshops and classes
Speaking for free or fee – getting speaking engagements
Writing articles, blogs, newsletters, etc.
Skills for Working With Clients (Client States) - you will learn:
Understanding the messy mindset
Understanding yourself vs. understanding the client
Understanding adult learning modalities (visual, auditory, and kinesthetic)
Understanding the different emotional states of a client
Understanding client situations and how they impact organizing
Understanding how organizing is impacted by mental illness, hoarding, ADD, brain injury, physical impairments, addictions, chronic fatigue
How to handle difficult clients
Client Abuse (sexual harassment, illegal things you see, ethics, etc.
How to refrain from judging clients
How to avoid telling clients to throw their things away
How to ensure that clients put their own things in the trash themselves
Making the client feel at ease
Finding out what the client wants
Knowing where to begin
Helping the client to prioritize
Knowing which supplies the client needs
Your approach to the clutter. What to say / what not to say
The skills of organizing that you will learn:
How to organize:
How to use:
Small Business organizing:
How to organize:
How to use:
Files and Filing / Paper Organizing / “Power over paper”:
How to create:
Chronic Disorganization and Hoarding:
When and Where will it be held?
We have upgraded out program, and all classes are taught online personally by Marsha Sims. All classes are live and interactive. You will be asked to participate, and work along with your classmates from around the world to complete projects.
All classes will run for 12 consecutive weeks. This gives you enough time to learn the methodologies, and practice them in your home, and on clients of your own.
The May, 2012 classes begin on TUESDAY, May 1, 2012 from 7:30 - 9:00pm EST
The classes are recorded every week, so you never have to miss important class information.
You can hold your seat now for the online course.
How much does it cost?
This training is the most complete / comprehensive training given anywhere! Most live certification courses cost upwards of $3,000.
For a limited time, you will be able to purchase this course for only $150.00 down, and $29.00 per class! Not only that, you will be able to pay either up front for a small discount, or in easy installments:
I promise, it won't stay at this price!
That's it! Simple!
The fifth Sort-It-Out, CFO (Client Focused Organizing) Certification Course will begin on Tuesday, May 1, 2012.
from 7:30 - 9:00pm Eastern Time.
Don't get left behind! Sign up today!
Here is what other people have been saying about learning and working with Marsha Sims’ programs:
“Marsha Sims has an amazing talent! She has the ability to organize the most disorganized person. I have had the opportunity to work with Marsha over the phone and have been absolutely thrilled by her ability to motivate me to new heights. She has the most unique ideas to share that will turn your life from a mess into a miracle. It’s been a most delightful experience. Dian Thomas, MS
“I am recommending that Steven Covey modify his book describing the seven effective habits of highly successful people. The eighth habit should be, Organize for Success with Marsha Sims.” firstname.lastname@example.org
“Marsha, in my haste earlier I neglected to say the most important part... That you have a business that makes a real difference in people’s lives!” Trip2134@aol.com
“Thank you! Thank you! For the wealth of information you shared with me on the business of organizing. Your experience and insight has prepared and empowered me in starting my business ventures. I read that the traits of a successful proprietor is to research, prepare, read business related material, take business related courses and seek the advice of a successful proprietor. After listening you, I realized that you followed all of those traits and more to make “Sort It Out, Inc., a success. You are a true testimony of a skilled, patient and professional proprietor” Carolyn C. Marshall
“I began taking Marsha’s Organizing class at the beginning of February so it’s been a couple of months of taking the class. Since I’ve begun, I’ve learned so much useful information that I’ve been able to put to good use. Marsha has a wealth of information from her 18 years of experience as a professional organizer, from how to organize your office, a closet, how to manage all things paper (such as your mail, bills), you name it, she knows about it and she can help you. I like going to the class each week because it helps keep me focused and on track on getting rid of my clutter. I’ve learned that if I just make one change a week, no matter how small it may seem, I’ve just changed the quality of my life for the better. Marsha is a very patient teacher. Whatever you r question is, she’ll take the time to answer it and we all learn from each other and each other’s questions. I recommend this class if you haven’t gotten anywhere in your attempts to tame the ‘clutter beast.” How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, and you learn exactly how to do this in Marsha’s Organizing class.” Candy Brignoni”
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You are the most awesome organizer I know. You are amazing. I truly think you do everything perfectly and know all the right things to do and say. I just told my husband that too when I got off the teleconference. I would have called you as I am so inspired, but I you and I always end up talking so long, and it is getting late, so I am writing. Thanks for sharing all that info with us. I could have listened to you all night. Keep in touch. Diane Hatcher, Timesavers Services
“I am writing to thank you for the thank you card I recently received from you for attending your seminar at the NAPO convention. As one who will be starting out in the business soon, I found your presentation to be very inspiring as well as informative. Your words made me feel like “I can really do this.” Joy Ridley
“You inspired me so much that when I returned home I contacted my local newspaper (it’s tiny but that’s OK) and sent in the press release that was included in our conference materials. To my utter amazement, they were interested in printing the press release and a few words about me!?” Mary Hughes
“Thanks so much for all you did to make our class fun and exciting! You are definitely gifted for the occupation. I really enjoyed the class and feel that I have picked up many new things that will benefit me in my work! Your are awesome!”Kitty Austin
“Your class was wonderful, and I learned a lot! You surely have a flare for teaching and a kind spirit.” Cricket
“I just wanted to say “Thank You!” one more time. Your outstanding presentation and relaxed style was totally refreshing! You indeed demonstrate that an organizer (PO) can be successful and still keep things Simple!” Sheila Delson
“You made the two classes that I attended so much fun I have not stopped talking about you. But I was telling you about this room that I had to clean-up before my sisters came on that Friday. I took your advice and applied it not only to that room but my entire apartment andit has made such a difference in my life, “I CAN FIND THINGS” Diane Henson
“I was sitting here this evening sorting my papers and happily realizing how much easier handling my papers was now that I have put the system in place. I use all the parts of your system from the sorting to the stand-up action file to the filing with color. I love the verb and noun concept --- it helped me so much. The alternating, color-coded tabs in the file cabinet are wonderful too--- now I have a mental map of each section in my mind and know that iI can file or find my papers within seconds.” Rebecca Higgins
Marsha Sims has worked as a teacher, speech pathologist, real estate broker, entrepreneur, professional speaker, and author, but you probably know her best as a professional organizer. Over the last 18 years she has established her company as the leading professional organizing company in South Florida and Marsha is one of the top professional organizers in the world.
As an organizing professional Marsha has helped hundreds of busy professionals become and stay organized through effective custom tailored solutions. She has been asked to speak to business groups, at conferences, and to international, national, community, and civic organizations. In addition, Marsha has brought her years of experience, know-how, and action oriented solutions to improving student services at universities.
Marsha’s first book, “Einfach richtig machen: Das Buro,” (Do simply do properly: The Buro) is published in Germany, and her second book, “Organizing Your Day,” is in bookstores throughout the U.S. Her third book, “Raw food For Everyday People” is currently with a literary agent, her fourth book, “Smart Office Organizing” will be in stores in September 2011, and her fifth book, 5 Days To An Organized Life (working title) has been accepted by her publisher. Marsha has been interviewed extensively in the media, and has been featured in national magazines, such as Women’s Day, Better Homes & Gardens, Woman’s World, SELF, and Family Circle, newspapers, such as the Miami Herald, the Sun Sentinel, the Palm Beach Post Times, the Miami Times, the Westside Gazette, South Florida Business Journal, on over 100 radio stations, and on television programs, such as South Florida Today, Public Access Television (channel 17), and the local NBC, and CBS Stations. Marsha’s newsletter reaches audiences worldwide, as far away as Paris, France, Sydney, Australia, and Alberta, Canada.
Marsha has served as chairperson of the Certification Committee for the National Association of Professional Organizers, and is a member of the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization. Marsha is an active Toastmaster, and has served as an area governor for this organization. She is a member of the Florida Speakers Association.
Marsha is a graduate of Florida A&M University, and is the proud mother of three adult sons.
Contact me if you really want to take the course but you have special considerations, or if you have any questions.
P.S. Very Special Bonus
Don’t forget our very special bonus, which is, a customized recording of your own individual questions and answers. You create your list of questions at any time during the program, and we will record the Q&A session for you. Unless private, all Q&A sessions are recorded and made available to all students in the program. It is through these BONUS CONVERSATIONS that students can get even more depth than the course outline would cover.
This is your opportunity to join the Marsha Sims organizing community, and become a vital member of a community of professional organizers.
Thank you for your overwhelming support. I look forward to helping you become an expert professional organizer.
***There it is. 18 years experience crammed into one comprehensive certification course!